Friday, February 15, 2008

The Time Has Come.


I can't believe that in 7 hours we'll be on the road for another boar hunt. On monday, I thought today would never come, and now it's here too soon. I haven't begun packing yet or even had time to make a list. Oh well, all I need is cameras, film, socks, and bullets.

While this is a "hunting" trip, it's so much more than chasing animals. It's a chance to spend time with my dad, which I cherish more each year, and my crazy uncles and the great people we've met in Texas over the years. Once we're down there, we're all treated as family. They cook for us, invite their friends to meet us, take us on guided hunts, etc. It's things like that that money can't buy. That's what we look forward to.

So as you drift off to slumber tonight, say a prayer for 4 guys in a big red Chevy, pulling a trailer full of 4-wheelers, camo, guns, bows, and ammo. Pray that nothing eats us and that the bullets hit their targets.

I'm kidding. well, kind of.

Until next time...

2 comments:

viclyn said...

Your only article of clothing will be socks? Sounds chilly....

JGanschow said...

nah, it should be in the 60's or 70's.