Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Big Boar Adventure 2008

So I've been here since Saturday afternoon and just now discovered I have wireless internet.

We've been having a blast in East Texas, but the boars are hard to come by this year. I have yet to even SEE a hog. My uncle and Kurt each shot a boar and Kurt also bagged a big bobcat, which I caught on film.


This afternoon we took some time off to fish a small pond on the property we hunt. I caught a 2-2.5lb bass on the first cast. The guys are out fileting the haul right now. We bowhunted tonight and all I saw were 2 skunks. Kurt shot two racoons with one arrow. He's the next Annie Oakley.


So, with the trip half-over now, I hope that by the end of Friday, I will have at least fired my new gun at something.


And from what I hear from the folks back home, it's a bit warmer here than there. Sorry!

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Justin!!!!!
You killed a kitty?
I am so disappointed in you, you
kitty killer.
Next time, get a kitten and
bring it to me, I have always
wanted a big cat for a pet.
(Alive please!)

Anonymous said...

Justin!!!
You killed a kitty?
I cant look at you the
same anymore.
Next time, bring me a kitten.
I have always wanted a big cat as
a pet. (Alive please.)
~Alicia

Leslie said...

You are so manly Justin. Let's just say if I were Gina, I'd never be afraid if you were around. Hope you're having a blast! I can't wait for my meat!

JGanschow said...

I didn't shoot it! I didn't have a gun with me. Just a camera. I want a pet one too, so if I find two, you're all set.

*Jillian* said...

kitty!!! how cute! i bet jimmy will be proud of his dad for that one ;)

Anonymous said...

Pretty kitty. I can't believe you're holding a dead cat, tho. It doesn't look dead. I'll just pretend he's sleeping.