Monday, February 04, 2008

Super Weekend.

Snow days are not JUST for kids! I got the call at 5:15 on Friday morning that the health dept. was closed due to the weather. So I slept for a few more minutes and then got up and got to work. I had been wanting to paint the big room in the basement since I moved in, but it had been put on the back burner. Gina and I began painting at 8:30 and after finishing that room, we painted the hallway to the room and the stairway leading up to the theater. What an amazing difference a little paint makes! The problem is now I want to replace the basement ceiling, lights, etc. maybe some day...

Saturday night we had dinner with Josh and Trina at Olive Garden to give them their wedding video gift (the wedding was in June, but these things take time). Here's the opening clip:


Yesterday at Northwoods we had a high school/jr. high not-a-superbowl-party (due to legal restrictions imposed by the NFL). The game was on 6 or 7 screens so you could watch wherever you went, but the highlight was definitely the dodgeball games going on in the activity center. The half-time high vs. jr. high game could only be described as Braveheart-esque.
After dashing through the snow, I got to watch the second half at the Sletten's. Great end to the game, great end to the weekend.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I can't get over how good it was to see you. It's been way to long friend.

Anonymous said...

You are amazingly talented. That video was AWE-some!