Monday, February 25, 2008

Back in the Saddle.


Well, I've oiled the guns and put them back in their cases, hung up the spurs, and boxed up the camo. While we didn't bag nearly as many pigs as in years past, we still managed to have an awesome adventure. There's just something about Texas, that would make a hailstorm enjoyable.

So today I'm back in the office and by 2:54pm, I've got the desk cleared off and the voicemail box emptied. Not too bad. I expected much worse. Maybe it's the grotesque boar skull I brought back to sit on my desk that is keeping the secretaries away. (it is a BIT creepy).

Last night I attended Gina's lifegroup meeting for the first time. Although they have invited me to parties and events in the past, this was the first weekly meeting. To be perfectly honest, I was a bit apprehensive at first, as it's another thing to add to the schedule each week. But it's much more than that. It's people that truly care about one another, who choose to become involved in one another's lives. It is a blessing. And I am grateful to be a part of it.

It's good to be back (but I miss my gun).

No comments: