Friday, February 08, 2008

Thesis update.


My Master's degree was orgininally supposed to be completed on November 30th. Obviously that didn't happen, and it turned out to be a good thing. I had run myself into the ground working on the thesis day and night. My advisors had the first paper for a month before I got their revisions back. It has now been edited and updated and is only missing one crucial piece of data that I will acquire at SIU-Springfield tomorrow.
The second paper is almost ready to be resent to them, but that missing data point will change all the results for the second paper. Therefore, I have to redo all the graphs, charts, tables, etc. It won't be difficult, just tedious and time consuming. Hopefully it won't take another month for them to edit paper #2 or the revised paper #1.
Once they are satisfied with both papers of the thesis, I have to make a public announcement of my presentation and defense, wait 30 days and finally put an end to this 5-year ordeal.
What will I do without this gorilla on my back?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to have a monkey on my back. His name was Sukamockapia. Remember him?

JGanschow said...

lol. Yes, i totally remember that. you are weird.