Friday, February 15, 2008

Pranksters.


It's been a regular episode of "The Office" around here lately. And I'm ashamed (not really) to say that I may have started it all.

Last Friday, one of the inspectors cleaned out our lab and set a big box of styrofoam packing peanuts in the kitchen. Ryan, a fellow prankster and culprit of covering the earpiece of my phone with lotion (try that one sometime), was working in the conference room all afternoon. I saw a target of opportunity. I ran back to our cubicle jungle and asked Melissa if she'd like to assist me in getting Ryan back. Grinning, she jumped up and followed me to retrieve the supplies. We opened all of his desk drawers and filled them until overflowing. Then we waited anxiously for Ryan to return. While he came back to his desk several times, he didn't open any drawers. The day ended and the surprise was still not found out. Monday passed and still nothing. Then Tuesday he discovered our gift and instantly started questioning people. With all involved playing it cool, he pinned it on our supervisor, Jerry, who was oblivious to the whole situation.
Ryan found a cardboard box and filled it with the peanuts and then perched it precariously on a ruler above his office door. Apparently Jerry has bat-like hearing though, and spied the trap before becoming the next victim. Ryan still has no idea who got him and has publicly declared a cease fire.

Today I filled our secretary's coat pocket with approximately 200 rubber bands. She didn't find it until she got home for lunch and took the dog out. Then she came back and put them in Ryan's coat pocket, thinking he was the guilty party.

I'm kind of scared to leave my desk unprotected next week. Maybe I'll set up a laser.

No comments: