Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Flu Clinic.


Yesterday the health dept. held a flu shot clinic at the Moose in Pekin. I was assigned to the glorious duty of traffic cop. So for 4 hours, I waved my pretty orange flag in the direction the cars were supposed to go. While there were a fair number of drivers who either couldn't see where they were supposed to go, or just didn't understand, the closest I came to being flattened was by our very own Disaster Preparedness Coordinator, who came tearing into the parking lot in her suburban while talking on the phone.
Prepare for disaster.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am guessing it was mostly elderly? I had a senior safety fair for work today and we had the same experience. One of the deputies had seen the craziness while he was partoling the area and decided to help out...haha, sucker! he said he really could have died today in the line of duty, not at the hand of a armed robber or thug, but a 80something old lady, who he was sure couldn't see the steeringwheel let alone the road or him. haha! i was glad he lived, so we gave him a free lunch.

JGanschow said...

yeah, pretty scary.