Friday, October 05, 2007

figures.


today was supposed to be a food inspection day, on which we are required to wear business casual dress. i also have to be at a wedding rehearsal at 5pm, so i wore nicer clothes than usual.
however, there was a geothermal well inspection called in and i was the only one here who could do it. normally, we go out the day after the work is completed and the site is fairly dry (or at least the standing water is gone).
when i arrived, however, the drillers were still grouting the wells, which meant there was 8 inches of mud, water, and snot-like grout covering the entire yard. after staggering through muck for about 30 minutes taking measurements, my nice khaki pants were splattered with mud and grout from the point where my knee boots ended to my belt (front and back). freaking great.
i found a pair of extremely wrinkled pants (missing the button) in the trunk of my car so I attempted to wash the excess krud off my pants back at the office. they are currently hanging over the hand rail outside.

i'm so happy it's friday.

No comments: