Friday, August 31, 2007

how sweet is this?


I normally don't pay for an "extended warranty" on anything. But when I bought my 52" Toshiba HDTV two years ago, I decided to pay the extra $400 for the 4-year plan because it was a floor model. The bulb has to be replaced annually and they cost $100 (you do the math).
Ever since I've had it, the high definition input (HDMI) was very fussy. The cable had to be juuuuuust right in order to get a clear picture. I finally called the repair man to come look at it. He said major surgery would be required to fix it. He ordered the part in July and it still hasn't come in. So he called today to tell me that under the contract, I was now entitled to a brand new tv. All I had to do was take it to Best Buy and get a new one.
I called the store and they said they no longer carry that model, but I can get ANY tv, up to the price I originally paid. When I asked what models were comparable, the salesperson said I could get the best unit they carry for the same price now. And it will be brand-spankin new-not a floor model.

Sometimes things work out deliciously. Now I just have to find a truck...

1 comment:

*Jillian* said...

umm thats pretty sweet, im not gonna lie!