Monday, August 13, 2007

Celebrating corn.


Gina and I had a fantastical time in Mendota over the weekend. It was the 60th Anniversary Sweet Corn Festival, so all the locals were out in full force. It's always cool catching up with friends from high school. Each year there are more faces that I can't seem to put a name to, which is sad.
It was also great spending time with my fabulous family. Mom and Dad are just now putting the finishing touches on their newly remodeled downstairs and it looks amazing! I wish I had before and after pictures to post. I walked in the front door and almost fell over. No resemblance of it's former self.
But today it's back to reality. Gina had to go back to work after an all-too-short summer break. I had to inspect a restaurant fire in East Peoria-but got ice cream afterwards, so it's all good.

I can see an end to the Mendota High School Football dvd project I've been working on for the past few months. I picked up an HP Lightscribe burner last night so I can burn two dvd's at a time now. Each DVD set contains five discs, which take 40 minutes each to burn. 20 sets were ordered, so that means 100 discs x 40 minutes=67 hours of burning. I probably have 200 hours invested so far between editing, producing, photoshopping cover and disc labels, etc. I'm shooting for the end of the week for completion! Woohoo!

No comments: