Wednesday, August 29, 2007

good morning


I've avoided drinking coffee at work for approximately 2 months now, but this morning I gave in. Just needed a little pick-me-up.
There is never any sugar packets in the kitchen so someone brought in a styrofoam cup full. I can't stand artificial sweeteners so I decided to add a little from the cup, even though it wasn't covered and could have been tampered with by biological terrorists.
I tipped the cup ever so slightly and tapped the side and a sugary conglomerate the size of a chicken egg broke off like an ancient glacier into the ocean of my coffee mug.
Needless to say, there's a little extra zip in my zip-a-dee-doo-da. yum.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you've finally given into my friend, caffeine. You don't know what you're missing. You're also lucky that sugar makes everything better.

Anonymous said...

Coffee is the reason I make it through the morning. Now that I have a job, I actually have to be awake through the morning. It's a difficult transition.

Leslie said...

You are so funny.