Friday, August 24, 2007

a mixture

Let's take a look at what's going on in this week's headlines...

Yesterday afternoon the secretary came back and said there was a man at the front desk to see me. As I wasn't expecting anyone, I was surprised when I walked up there and saw my grandpa (who lives 2 hours from here)! Turns out he was at a farm equipment auction about 1/2 mile from the office. Very cool.

Our softball team won last night, which makes three in a row (our longest streak this season). That puts us at exactly .500 for the season, heading into the tournament tomorrow if the rain holds off long enough.

My Uncle Dave visited the guy with the outdoor show on Wednesday and dropped off 4 of my dvd's for him to preview. He was "very impressed" and hinted at me possibly doing some editing work for him. We'll see if that goes anywhere! He also wanted my photos from the boar hunting trip for his magazine. pretty cool.

Gina and I had a wonderful evening with her relatives Wednesday night. I think their whole family is blessed with some kind of cooking gene that turns everything they touch to culinary gold. I know I will never go hungry with Gina around!

And lastly, Cougar, my little angel cat (not) stole a chicken breast off the stove last night that was supposed to be my lunch for today. I found it mauled on the kitchen floor. He's not my favorite person at the moment. My life is exciting.

No comments: