Saturday, April 26, 2008

Greatest Night EVER.



What better way to celebrate the conclusion of my graduate career than to meet my environmental idol?
Tuesday, my former boss from Wildlife Prairie Park called to see if I would be interested in attending the 30th anniversary celebration. Gina and I had wanted to go originally, but couldn't afford the $150 tickets. Linda said she had a table donated and we could go for $30. So, of course, we jumped all over it.

As the program was about to begin, one of my former coworkers walked by. She said she was going to go get Jeff and asked if I wanted to go with her. Are you freaking kidding me?!



So we walked from the exhibit halls, through the new Civic Center addition, and up the escalators to the green room. Mr. Corwin was admiring the view of Peoria from the giant windows when we arrived. It was surreal.
So we walked back downstairs and chatted. amazing. unreal. Here is one of the world's foremost conservationists, television personalities (an Emmy winner), and I'm making smalltalk about the Park and wildlife.



Jeff gave an inspiring keynote address on how he came to be a naturalist and conservationist, the importance of protecting our environment and all species, and how all of us can make a difference in our own homes.

What a perfect end to a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a great time. I'm happy for you.

Josh a

Anonymous said...

you make a handsome couple

Jess g