Sunday, April 06, 2008

the good stuff

It's been a good weekend. I'm sitting on the back porch soaking up the sun and despite the neighbor kids pestering each other on the opposite side of the fence, it's a perfect afternoon.
I got to spend a full day working at Nwoods on Friday since I was gone all day to the geothermal conference in Chicago on Wednesday. I got a lot accomplished but it didn't feel at all like work. I enjoyed it. It was fun. It was just a taste of what working in an enjoyable career would be like.

Saturday was equally as beautiful as today. After hauling "26 sheets of drywall!" in Joe's $400, 1980-somthin' F250 (which boasts an enormous 460 engine) to the apartment building, Gina and I took a leisurely stroll through the neighborhood and then spent a couple of hours lounging and reading on the back porch. We then drove to Canton for her cousin's wedding reception. It was fun, but I think I was asleep before we left the city limits on the way home (probably 10:15ish).

This morning's service at Imago Dei was inspirational, as Charlie taught about embracing and becoming salt and light. The place is full of life. We visited with friends afterward and a bunch of us went to Old Chicago for lunch. Good times, great people.

We also got great news yesterday that Cougar's liver enzyme levels have returned to normal! Only one more day of fighting him to take his meds. He usually is at the bottom of the stairs by the time I get out of the bedroom in the morning, howling for his breakfast. But he has to have a pill one hour before eating, which he has learning, and today he wouldn't even leave the bed. He's been a furry little trooper.

So I'll keep working on my tan (and thesis presentation) until it's time to take a walk to Emo's with the Potters and then head out to the Dean's for small group tonight. I wish days like this could last forever (or at least replace the monday-friday workweek).

No comments: