Friday, April 25, 2008

it is finished. nearly.

Wow, I never thought this day would come. honestly.
It has been such a struggle.
I realized a few minutes before the presentation was to begin that I have been a Bradley University student 1/3 of my life. 9 years!
I should have been a doctor.
Anyway, the presentation went pretty smoothly. There were probably 12 professors in attendance, including the dean of the grad school. The questions following were pretty grueling, but my advisor said that it was the most responsive audience they'd ever had for a thesis, which meant they understood what I was talking about. that's a good thing when it comes to endocrinology (hormones) and ethology (animal behavior).
Then I spent another hour in a room with my committee. They were surprisingly gentle this time. I think they asked 10 questions or so. Then they went into the office and talked for awhile. My advisor came back out and called me in. "Congratulations."
I could have cried, but I was too happy.
They have the weekend to make final revisions on the thesis, then I have until Friday to get everything polished and turned in to the grad school to have it bound. Half of it will be sent to the Journal for Wildlife Diseases for publication. sweet.

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts during the past week. It's been hard and stressful, but you all have made it much MUCH easier! I don't know what I'd do without such amazing friends and family!

2 comments:

*Jillian* said...

congratulations, buddy, i KNEW you could do it!!!!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!! Finally!!!! What a huge weight of your shoulders.