Thursday, January 03, 2008

Smoke-Free Illinois!


While I am sooooooo sick and tired of hearing about the new law on the news, in the paper, and from every bar owner and restrauteur I run into, and how it is going to destroy all commerce in the state and send it into poverty, I rejoice in it!

I headed back into the field today for some food inspections and visited one of my smokiest establishments. The front door bore a large "no smoking" sign. When I entered, the entire place looked cleaner and brighter than ever before. And when I left, I didn't smell like an ashtray or have the usual headache that was typical after such a visit.

I guess Rod Blago will have ONE redeeming piece of legislation.

And to all the bar owners and restrauteurs, rest assured. People are still hungry and thirsty, despite the fact that they have to walk 15 feet from the door to light up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! It was great going out this weekend and not feeling like I, myself, had smoked 3 packs.