Wednesday, January 09, 2008

In the Maker's hands...


Many of you who attend Northwoods know Don Bowen, whether you've met him or not. He's the fireball that sings the high tenor part on all the southern gospel songs Cal mananges to sneak into the services.
A few days before the Christmas program took the stage, Don visited a neurologist for an MRI due to blurred vision and chronic headaches. What the MRI revealed was serious and scary, to say the very least. There was a large tumor growing in the occipital lobe of his brain. The surgeon removed as much as he safely could on monday. The cancer type is a glioblastoma, which is very aggressive and difficult to treat. Needless to say, without divine intervention, the outlook is bleak.

But Don has a power on his side that the statistics don't take into consideration. He is under the care of the ultimate physician, the very one who crafted each of his cells. And while it is impossible for us to understand His ways, we remain faithful and pray that His will be done in Don's life. Please pray that His awesome and undeniable work would be unleashed on the cancer and that the doctors would have no medical explanation for the results...that science would stand mystified...that there will be no doubt that the Maker was responsible for healing that which man could not...

Thank you Ben, for sharing Psalm 34: "I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak His praises. I will boast only in the Lord; let all who are helpless take heart. Come, let us tell of the Lord's greatness; let us exalt His name together. I prayed to the Lord, and He answered me. He freed me from all my fears. Those who look to Him for help will be radiant with joy! No shadow of shame will darken their faces. In my desperation, I prayed and the Lord listened; He saved me from all my troubles. For the angel of the Lord is a guard; He surrounds and defends all who fear Him. Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him! Fear the Lord, you His godly people. for those who fear Him will have all they need."

No comments: