Thursday, June 28, 2007

lessons learned


Last night I came home from work to find Gina preparing dinner (because she's THAT awesome). She had spent the day with her mom and they made a meatloaf to surprise me. Gina looked adorable working in the kitchen and the tantalizing fragrance of roasting beef was something to behold. She shooed me away, asking me to relax while she got everything ready, as I had a long day at work. No sooner had I laid down on the couch that I heard an explosion in the kitchen, followed by the sound of shrapnel ricocheting of floors, counter tops, ceilings, and windows.

Apparently, adding water from the faucet to a 400F glass pan containing a slaved-over meal turns it into a Pyrex grenade in approximately .0052 seconds.

We're just lucky no one was injured.

Gina, thank you for the meal and for your hard work. I'm sure it would have been delicious!

And I'm forwarding this information on to the Department of Defense. I think we may have a new biological weapon on our hands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Gina!!! So glad no one was gored in the incident. I'll bet every time you have meatloaf, you'll think of this and chuckle. It could be listed under Krazy Kitchen Kapers.
KG