Friday, September 01, 2006

oh it gets better (or worse).


I got a call on a typical broken tooth from a bone chip in a hamburger patty (I get about 3 of these a week, so if you frequent McD's, chew carefully). I always ask how they discovered and preserved the object, as it is important for forensic analysis.


Normal answers are: 1. I spit it out and saved it.
OR
2. I threw it away (destruction of evidence).

When I asked this woman if she spit it out after her injury, she said "not exactly."
"So you swallowed it?"
"Yes."
"But you still have the object?"
"Yes."
"I see."
The retrieval method involved a clothespin and plastic gloves.
Talk about determination.
She's sending to me in the mail.
sweet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is she sending the clothes pin and the rubber glove too?

i love your job!