Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Memoirs of a Ganschow (and other obscure movie references)


I few dozen blogs ago, I posted a list of things that I am fond of and not so fond of. At the top of the list of things that drive me berserk was the Dodge Neon. I just hate them and I can’t explain why. However, home ownership has now brought to light something far more sinister.

WALLPAPER.

Who the “h” invented this crap? Seriously. Let’s take some 1,000 year Ultra-Bond and permanently cement the most heinous floral pattern onto this wall (especially into every crevice that will be utterly impossibly to remove with a scraper, trowel, or jack hammer). Sometimes I honestly feel it would be easier to take it off with a claw hammer and put up a new wall. Or burn it down. Or go totally “trailer” and just paint over it.

Other than that, the improvement are going well (and draining all financial reserves).

And I’ve replaced my blood with a caffeine-laced substance resembling maple syrup to keep me going at the office after long nights at Yellow House.

And I think I’m going to change the name of my blog to “Memoirs of a Ganschow.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the laugh... wish i could be there to drink in the wallpaper experience with you!

can't wait to see the place sometime when i'm in town.

Bethany said...

what?! you don't like the sports room/teal and purple striped wallpaper rooms? i can't even believe that. i always pegged you as a teal and purple stripes guy. hahaha:)
let me know if you guys need help with anything!

JGanschow said...

yeah, steamer has worked for the bedrooms, but the kitchen had two layers on it. i think the bottom layer is original and is IMPOSSIBLE to remove. Bethany-we'll be painting stuff this weekend if you want to come help! Randy-wish you could be here too! You'll have to see the finished product!

Anonymous said...

Sorry! Wish we could be there to help. I've already done that scene in your first home so I feel your pain. Be patient! The end product is so worth it.