Thursday, July 27, 2006

Wisdom, Guidance, and Patience Needed


So last night at dinner a close friend told me he had a deal for me that I couldn't pass up. He's a realtor and has been very slyly moving his friends closer and closer to he and his wife by finding killer deals on houses in their neighborhood. He and our high school Pastor have ajoining back yards and now the house directly across the street is up for sale (it actually goes on the market monday). It belongs to the mother of one of our high school students, who is a buddy of mine (we got baptized on the same night). It is also yellow. Bri has always wanted a yellow house. I'm ready to move out of the bachelor pad on Burncrest (sad), as I can no longer stand the disorder that comes from living with 3 other guys and a cat. In addition, one of my friends from work is looking for a new place to live and we've previously talked about the possibility of me buying a house and him renting from me. The house is 1.8 miles from work.

There are so many signs that make this sound so right. I know there are a lot of possibilities and what if's and maybe I'm just excited about the potential. I need some time to pray and reflect and listen.

9 comments:

Chris said...

Dude that's awesome!

You should buy it, and we can paint a room in tiger print...of course that would be Cougar's room!

charlesdean2 said...

AWESOME!
Want a fasting/praying partner?
let's talk on saturday when we're huffing & puffing up the big hills!

Anonymous said...

i think you should do it as long as you can handle it all financially. it's a big step, but awesome!

erichapman said...

man, i've gone back and forth with that decision for a while, too.

it's a big step. but it's cool that you're thinking it through. i'm sure you'll come to a good spot eventually.

you're going through the proper channels. (i.e. prayer)

let me know if you need help moving... i've always got the truck.

Anonymous said...

You spend way too much money and have too much debt to get a loan for it. Not to be pessimistic. And also, if you want a job relating to wildlife, etc, you're going to have to leave Peoria. I don't think changing jobs and buying a house really go together. Would it be worth the investment?

JGanschow said...

Thanks anon. You must be my personal finance fairy. I didn't know mythological entities could use computers.

Anonymous said...

Honey, i am so proud of you! I believe things happen for a reason. This house came to you for a reason. Not trying to jump the gun, but there are too many good signs that say " GO FOR IT!" I stand by you 100%! I know God will lead us down the path that HE knows is best for us. He hasn't made a mistake so far. I love you so much, and I will always be by your side.
-LOVE ME

Anonymous said...

I do not want to offend anyone whatsoever, but:

The anonymous comment left earlier has ruffled a few of my feathers. I am not usually one to say anything or cause a confrontation, but this needs to be said. If YOU are truly Justin's friend, you would have the guts to 1)put your name after such comment and 2)confront Justin privately with your concerns about his finances and career rather than publicly critize him. Who are YOU to pass judgement?!?! Now before I step off my soap box I would like to remind anonymous that: FRIENDS are people who are there to lift you up through good and bad, to love and to guide you, and to help you find the right path. Justin needs FRIENDS in his life.

swishthedish said...

I hate anonymous comments. Anonymity is a tool for cowards. If you have something to say, sign your name.

PS - Justin, if you smack me with a mallet I'll be waiting for you in heaven...with a gun.