Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Do you ever stop and just take it all in? I’ve been doing that a lot lately while on the job. As I’ve mentioned before, this job in claims is kind of like taking a canoe out on the sea with one oar. Sometimes the waves are overwhelming (usually floods the boat with claims after a weekend) and the rest of the time (the majority of the time), I paddle in circles. Therefore, I spend several hours each day whacking myself in the head with the oar thinking, WHAT AM I DOING HERE? I hope there is more to my future than sitting at this desk, talking to these hillbillies about how a McNugget broke their only remaining tooth.

So…
1. I’m an outdoors personality trapped in an environment of florescent sunlight, ozone spewing copy machines and formaldehyde-laced office furniture and carpet.
2. I’m a people person, but I’d like to be impacting lives in a manner that doesn’t involve fraudulent rednecks and a telephone.
3. I have come to hate the “golden arches” and any fast-food joint with a new found passion. I didn’t eat there before and now I cringe every time I pass one. “Over 99 billion served,” huh? How many billion sued because they are unemployed, uninsured, and think that everyone else owes them?

My canoe has a leak? Anybody have an extra paddle?

and is it friday yet?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have been in jobs i hate or am severely frustrated with because i know "this CANNOT be where God wants me to spend my career!!!" Now that i am in a job I love and feel this is where i will more than likely retire from, i am thankful for those poopy jobs that taught me so much. hang in there, learn your lessons and trust that when the time is right you will be in the job made for you.

Anonymous said...

haha i love your blogs honey...i peed my pants on this one