Monday, June 12, 2006

REALITY hurts.


Yesterday evening we had a cookout for the high school ministry, "Reality." There was food galore, football, bocce ball, ultimate frisbee, and an inflatable obstacle course and jousting arena. Everyone had a great time and we met a bunch of new kids! Very exciting. However, I realized that I'm not quite as youthful or resilient as I once was. Point in case: while running cross-field to catch a football, I was unable to stop when I came to the out-of-bounds (the forest). Hence, I went head-first into an 8 foot tall thorn bush and fell completely through it. I now look like I have been mauled by a pack of hungry alley cats while wearing a suit made of tuna. Point #2, after making a bold and powerful swing at a kid on the jousting game, I took a very solid hit to the back of the head from his stick. Who needs helmets anyway? Wow, I saw stars. And finally, when I woke up this morning I was so sore and stiff I could hardly move. I blame ultimate frisbee.

How is it going to be when I'm 30?!

Seriously though, it was awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wimp! haha!! they were getting brutal in there! you need some icy hot, i think craig has some! ha ha!!

Anonymous said...

aww poor baby.......heehee