Sunday, May 18, 2008

where do the days go?

Hey, I'm still alive.
just busier (i thought things would slow down after the thesis was done).

Last week was a whirlwind of working both jobs, completing a video project for my sister's graduating students, and a few hours of sleep.

The only real news is that after a second phone interview with CAT on tuesday (the first was waaaay back in January), I was given an invitation for a formal interview. It will be on May 29th from 7am-4pmish. The position is with the Environmental, Heath & Safety department. CAT has some really exciting things going on in the reduction of waste, energy consumption, green house gas emmissions, and green building. I think this could be the beginning of a lifetime career. So please feel free to pray for the interview and that if I do get the job, there would be no relocation after the first 6 months (it's not too soon to start now).

It feels like doors may be starting to open after all those years of academic strife. I have also become more frustrated with my current job. It has become mundane and administrative. I was told at my first interview at TCHD that the position was a "stepping stone". I've learned a lot, but it's time to set my ladder on that foundation and climb.

4 comments:

*Jillian* said...

good luck buddy!! thats awesome and i really hope it works out for you. thats also really cool about working on green projects. i think im going to be helping on a research project with a couple of my professors next year on green products and poroduction methods in the apparel industry. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope this is what you've been waiting and praying for. Yes, you have had quite a struggle and learning experiences along the way. We, too, hope you will not have to relocate. You know the hairs on your head have already been counted, so trust the head barber. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

praying for you, brother. be faithful in the little things until the path becomes clear... and listen to your MOM! :)

mdesjarlais said...

I got board and decided to look up some old college roomates from my undergad days at SAE. Its nice to see that your doing so good. Good luck on your interview! Matt Desjarlais - mdesjarl@yahoo.com