Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Pavlov's Cat


It's been awhile since I've posted anything about my beloved Cougar. Those of you who have had the privilege to meet this frisky feline know he's more dog than cat. For instance, he greets people at the door with loud yowls, pawing, and earlobe licking while standing on top of the tv. When I leave for work, he lays on the living room floor with his chin on his paws, looking forlorn.
Recently I've noticed that when I get home late at night, that I end up with drops of moisture on my arms as he's trouncing around my shoulders like a parrot. I was a bit concerned and confused.
Last night, however, I identified the source of the mysterious substance...
Cougar's favorite times of the day are right after I wake up in the morning and when I get home after work because he gets canned cat food (with delicious gravy). If I come home from work, leave again, and then return, he assumes he's getting fed again.
Pavlov's law at work. He automatically salivates to the point of drooling when I get home. Disgusting. And adorable. I'm going to get him a bib.

No comments: