Monday, January 08, 2007

jobs (not steve)

Those that know me or peruse my thought on this blog know that I've been struggling lately with what I do for 40 hours of the week. My job is less than glamorous, but that's ok. I just miss interacting with people. And with the animals. I'm just not sure what my true calling is.
I started applying for new jobs again last tuesday. I found two here in Peoria that called for a degree in Environmental Science as a requirement. My undergrad degree is E.S., but this is the first time I've actually applied for an E.S. job. I got a call a few minutes ago to set up an interview for an Environmental Health Inspector position at the Tazewell County Health Dept. Of all the jobs I've applied for in the past year, this one has the most promise. The starting pay isn't all that much more than I'm making now, but I'm probably also going to be working part-time at Wildlife Prairie Park again. I just miss being there!
Thank you to all who have been praying diligently!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds good! keep us posted.

be the branch!