Thursday, January 25, 2007

48 hours.

Just in case you forgot, my last day of working at this glorious insurance company is a week from tomorrow.

Over 5 days, I've had the privilege of informing 13 people in Oklahoma and Missouri that I could not do anything to help them after sheets of ice several inches thick slid off the roofs of business we insure and crushed their cars.
If it were up to me, I'd pay everybody-but I'm not allowed because the law says we don't owe the claim. So I get yelled at, cursed at, etc.

This afternoon I actually stated (in a very loud voice) "Believe me, I HATE this job!" into the phone today while speaking with an outraged claimant. Just as I finished "job," I noticed my boss was walking past my cubicle, at which point he stopped, pivoted, and walked back the other direction. classic.

No comments: