Friday, December 08, 2006

A typical day in the life of JRG.


Finances have been really tight since moving into the new house (empty room=empty pockets), so I was excited and hopeful for the prospect of a new roommate. Kyle, Jess, and I had joked around Wednesday night about what I would do if the new guy was really weird or old. I assured them he seemed “cool” from our emailing back and forth (whatever that means).

The prospect was to meet me at the house at 5pm yesterday, which required me to cancel my gym appointment. If you know me, this is a BIG deal. As of 5:40, he still didn’t show. I was a wee bit miffed, but was still confident he’d show up.

He called a few minutes later to say he dropped the transmission in his car and had to go pick up a rental, but would be there shortly. Eureka!

The doorbell rings. I answer.

The gentleman on the doorstep was not exactly what I had pictured as the person at the other end of our email conversation. I’d say he was closer to 50 than 40 years old. He was very nice and polite and we had a wonderful conversation about cats and engineering software. But I don’t think it would have made for a comfortable housing situation, with my younger sister living upstairs.

I had to inform him of our collective decision this morning.
Back to the drawing board!

No comments: