Tuesday, December 12, 2006

life is like...


It's that time of year when attorneys bombard their clients with boxes, baskets, and buckets of chocolates, candies, and cakes.

There is a table about 11.7 feet from my desk where the secretaries lay all the day's bounty out. Every time I get up to grab something from the printer, I can't help but graze on the cornicopia of carb-laden delights.
Which gets me thinking: who is the mad candy-maker-guy who sits in his sugar lair thinking, "what crazy thing can I put in the middle of this chocolate mass?"

Seriously, I've had 4 or 5 pieces of chocolate from a mixed box of whatevers this morning, and I have no idea what was in the middle. It could have been dog treats and ear wax for all I know.

It was delicious.

1 comment:

erichapman said...

yeah, but do you ever get the occasional nasty one?

the one that you hope you don't get at work while other people are watching b/c they'll see you open your jaw without really opening your mouth so that your tongue has enough room to get away from the the nasty whatever resting on the bottom of your mouth now?

those are gross.