Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Sugarfeast.


I had a GREAT and bountiful Halloween! What I don't understand is why all the children who rang my doorbell went away upset (some even in tears).


Halloween is a holiday of generosity, correct? You are to give freely of what you have to bring joy to others and yourself. I thought I had this nailed down. Apparently, I was wrong.


Here's the scenario:

Doorbell rings.

I answer it as I normally would when a Girlscout, Amway Lady, or other salesperson visits.


However, on this night of the year, the visitors greated me with arms outstretched and bags or buckets overflowing with sweet delights. I was overcome with the spirit of the holiday and reacted in the only way that is natural:




I scooped handfulls of candy out of their stockpiles and into my bowl and shut the door.

Happy Halloween!
just kidding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dork..you are so cute. that is why i love you so...............