Monday, August 07, 2006

Is it monday already?

Wow, what a weekend…
My best friend, Corey, got married on Saturday night at the Cornerstone here in Peoria. It was beautiful and fun to see two people so in love finally (after almost 8 years of dating) joined! Amy’s dad performed the ceremony, which he wrote and has now performed at each of his three daughters’ weddings. The lovely couple left this morning for Cabo San Lucas. Lucky ducks.



Yesterday, we took the high school kids to Lake Shelbyville and I think it’s safe to say I had more fun than should be allowed. It was my first experience on a jet ski and I am HOOKED. I loved launching off the big wakes of ski boats, whipping 180’s and occasionally dumping it to throw the rider. It’s just such a free feeling being in complete control of a small craft on the water-kind of like mtn. biking-but wetter. The only thing I could think of that would be owning a couple of these things is knowing a close friend who does!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the BEST time EVER with you my love! Amy and Corey looked so happy and beautiful! You forgot to tell me about the jet ski's, or I forgot to ask. YEA!! Aren't they fun! We will have to get us a pair someday! cya soon love