Wednesday, August 09, 2006

ho hum.


I don’t think I mentioned this before, but a couple of weeks ago I was parked in front of Bri’s house and became the victim of a hit-and-run accident. Some cowardly fiend hit the rear driver’s side fender and bumper of my red car with their white jalopy and drove away into the night. When I discovered the damage, I was more insulted and annoyed than anything else, as paint on the sheet metal is only scuffed and the molding is just missing a few spots of paint and suffered a few small scratches. In other words, I can fix some of it myself, and the rest I can live with. But I decided to turn it into my insurance anyway, as I am entitled. I got a check for $640 for the damage.

I’ve been needing new tires VERY badly for quite some time and had just scratched up enough money for them before having to put money down on this house that was too good to pass up. So I was back to broke. And then my car got hit. And I got money. So this morning I got a new set of tires to the tune of $575.

So thank you, villainous criminal o’ the night for my new set of tires. They are lovely.

4 comments:

Chris said...

It must be a grand am thing to make money off of a car accident.

way to go!

Leslie said...

SCORE!!

Anonymous said...

I wish someone would hit my car with say...a plow or a combine or perhaps a bus so I could get a new one. Sad day. PS. I have 2 interviews tomorrow and I'm real scared!

Anonymous said...

HORRAY for new tires!