Tuesday, May 01, 2007

pruned.


John 15
The Vine and the Branches
1"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.


It's funny (or ignorant) how we (I) hold onto things in life that bear no fruit and resist pruning when we know that eliminating the branch will give room for life to flourish. When we try to do things on our own, the results are bitter, sterile. We need the Gardener's careful touch to bloom into what HE has planned for us...

2 Corinthians 6:14
Do Not Be Yoked With Unbelievers
14Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?


Tonight I am thankful for the Gardener's pruning, for in it the darkness has turned to light!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it. Beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration!