Monday, May 21, 2007

NRA show in Chicago.


No, not the National Rifle Association-which would have been equally as cool, but not as delicious. I drove 6 hours in a minivan today to-and-from the McCormick Center for the National Restaurant Association's annual show. There were vendors, restaurants, food suppliers, etc. from all over the world with all kinds of free samples and gadgets. Very cool.
I was literally FULL from all the food samples before lunch. I think I may have had 3 small pieces of meat and a Jolly Rancher slushi this afternoon and that was enough to hold me over until dinner (10pm).
Just a fun day of food and camaraderie with my other inspector friends.

Everything else has been going great too. Last weekend was filled with graduation parties, the last "Reality" of the school year, and lots of treasured time with my GIRL.
Sunday we went to church, had brunch, took a 2-hour walk through the beautiful Springdale Cemetery and then to Imo's for more ice cream than a human should be allowed to consume (and then I went into a sugar coma for 2 weeks).

It was just one of those weekends that makes you say, "ahhhh."

4 days left until Friday!
...what to do for Memorial Day?

No comments: