Monday, May 07, 2007

camptown races


I had a great weekend! We had a beautiful day for the Kentucky Derby party and our horse got 2nd place. Gina knows how to pick 'em. It was very cool because my friends and her friends were all there (and they're the same people). Still quite strange we never met before now.
I had to work both days to do some inspections of temporary food establishments, which are quick and easy and the mileage check adds up from driving all over the county.
Yesterday we had our first practice game for softball. I think we've got a pretty promising team for the summer league! As is typical, I rolled my ankle going after a ball, which didn't hurt very badly at the time, but became excruciatingly painful by the end of the night. It was moderately better this morning, so hope it's functional by our first game thursday. I'm falling apart.
Is it bad that I'm living for the weekends and not appreciating the week days? Oh well. The sun is shining!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

have fun at softball this summer.... jerk. ;o)