Sunday, May 13, 2007

Lights (High- and Low-)

Where do I begin?!
This past week I was in berserk mode 24/7. And I'm glad it's over. Here are some key aspects into why it was the craziest week on record:
1. Weekend Duty at the Health Dept. (I did 9 temporary food establishment inspections on Friday alone).
2. 4 miserable days of allergies (sometimes I wish my nose was inverted so it couldn't run-and we would be more like whales when swimming).
3. The house I purchased is apparently possessed by a poltergeist. Thursday night, 20 minutes before life group was to begin at my domocile, the electricity went out in half of the house. Namely, the half that controls the air conditioning, most of the lights, some outlets, etc. It came back on (sort of) about an hour later-but would pulsate and flicker, but barely had enough strength to turn a ceiling fan. Several calls to CILCO and an electrician's bill later, almost everything works.
4. First softball game of the season. We are stellar. 9-6, good guys.
5. IHOP (International House of Prayer) was at Nwoods this weekend and the Reality leaders attended as a group Friday night. Hearing God's words of affirmation spoken through his people is powerful, moving, and uplifting. Wow.
6. Suprising the wonderful employees of Denny's with a 7:30am Saturday inspection.
7. Spending Thursday in the glorious Pekin Dragon's Dome. The floor is squishy.
8. Molly's graduation party. Two incredible Bocce ball bouts-comeback stories of the century.
9. I couldn't find the Blockbuster online movie that came this week when going through the mound of paperwork and bills on my desk this afternoon. There's only one place it could have been. Yes, in one of the steaming bags of garbage in the cans on the back porch with the junk mail. And it was. Right under the banana peels and cat food cans. Sorry "Ten Commandments." I think I'll send it back.
10. Second to last Reality of the year. Harmonica.
11. Spending quality time with Gina (sorry Leslie, but you knew that was coming).
12. While I couldn't be with my Momma on Momma's Day, at least I got to talk to her on the phone. Love you, Mom!

And thus concludes my crazy week.

4 comments:

g said...

All of that wrapped up into one crazy week and you were still kind, positive, and patient. Amazing.

Leslie said...

Oh jeez...I'm sad there wasn't a highlight of my friendship. I mean.....come on! ;o)

JGanschow said...

leslie, you were mentioned in #11!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm so glad I at least got to talk to my #1 son on Mother's Day. For all of you to know, he is a good boy. We miss seeing him. The house remodeling should be done by the end of July. We will see you before then. Yes, the weeks do get crazy! I can't wait for school to be over - May 30th. Woo Hoo!!