Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 in Review.

Wow, where did the year go? Blogging is a great way to keep track of all that occurs over the past year, as I don't write in a journal. I feel the end of the year is as great a time as any to reflect on where you've been, where you are now and how God answered prayers along the way. So, as I skimmed through this year's posts, a few stood out...
Jan. As I was at the end of my professional rope, I was seeking a new job with every ounce of my strength and about to snap. I was offered a job at the Tazewell County Health Dept., where I am currently employed. Vast improvement from where I was to where I am! I was also seeking roommates to help pay the mortgage, and I had two show up within days of each other. Definitely answered prayers. They both were great!

Feb. The best boar hunting trip to date! The trip ended with running into a herd of monster hogs, one of which was between 400-500 pounds. It should be hanging on my office wall in a few weeks. That trip will be hard to top, but we'll give it a shot in two short months from now.


March. A relationship ended. Thank you GOD! I can't imagine where I'd be or what I'd be doing if we had not parted ways. For new things to begin, old things must end.

April. I met Gina. There's not much else to say, except all I said in the many posts about how incredibly great she is and how much better my life is with her in it!


May. Softball season. And rain. LOTS of rain. I think I did 5 septic installations in torrential downpours this month. I also starting spending time with my buddy, Joe. We destroy, remodel, build, and talk about life. It is good.

June. Some idiot ran into my car while it was parked at the office. Apparently that's all that happened that month.

July. Bow fishing on the Illinois River. I wish it was legal to fish with shotguns.


August. Completion of the Mendota High School Football dvd's. 9 hours of video. Much bigger project than I anticipated, but it was the first project for $$$. I also got a new 61" TV. booyah.


Sept. Gina's birthday. What could top that?

Oct. The Lifehouse "Everything" skit at Northwoods. I still run into people, who I don't know, but stop me to say that it was powerful and memorable.

Nov. Tragedy was avoided while removing a squirrel from the Hayes's chimney. I believe I wrote 4 posts involving squirrels in the past year. weird.
Thesis was supposed to be done by November 30th. what a joke. Still in the revision process. Maybe by January 30th?

Dec. The Northwoods Christmas Program. The rest of the month is a blur. Had a great Christmas with Gina and our families. Recieved some awesome news about my friend, Randy, and some scary news about another, Don.


And that brings us to today. What will 2008 bring? I am hopeful for new beginnings. I yearn for the day when a paycheck will cover the bills entirely. Or when two incomes (wink, wink) become enough so we can afford to go to the movies or out to dinner, etc. I am hopeful I find a career that I am passionate about. But mostly, that it will be a year of continued health and happiness and growth.

Happy New Year to you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got your "wink wink" right here...

Anonymous said...

I actually think the Lifehouse song was by their band Bliss, before they became Lifehouse. And also, what is mom implying? That looks kinda weird...and gross!

JGanschow said...

"Everything" was on Lifehouse's first album. And "your mom" is actually Chris Evans.

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, sneaky. Cause mom usually writes 'mom' or 'your mom'. That makes me feel better.

floorguy said...

What can I say? That was one HUGE razorback!! I never knew you had it in ya!