Wednesday, December 12, 2007

BIG losers


Gina and I started watching "The Biggest Loser" this season. I'm not sure why. Probably because it's on one of the only weeknight's I'm at home on a regular basis. And while I can't identify with the same struggle as the contestants, I can see that ever-striving, ever-stretching, reaching, fighting, stumbling, falling, scrambing soul in them that lives in me.
And when the weigh-in comes at the end of the week and they stand before the scale, I can't help but see a servant standing before his master, hoping that his best was enough to change this place for the better.

I would love to be the catalyst in someone's life to help make their dreams a reality. To journey with them through the struggle. To boost them over the barriers and pull up the barbed wire so they can crawl beneath. Where do I go from here?

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I watch this show regularly this season too, for the same reasoning Tuesdays being my only day home. I find myself becoming emotionally involved each week because they are facing a huge struggle. One that I haven't had to face, but I know the feeling. Then I know the feeling of being raw in front of people and then either a sense of acomplishment or dissappointment. What a great show.