Thursday, November 29, 2007

change



is good. and sometimes necessary.

over the past month or so, i've only been able to go to the gym 1-3 times a week (as opposed to the routine 6 regimented weekly workouts of old). i've lost 7 pounds, none of i was willing to spare!

there is just TOO much going on after work between accountability meetings, Reality, life group, choir, the upcoming Christmas program rehearsals, etc.-not that i'd change any of that.

sooo, i'm going to get up at 5:30 every morning and go to the gym before work. who needs sleep anyways?

i gave it a trial run this morning. actually, Cougar woke me up at 4:45 and I couldn't fall back asleep. so i ate breakfast, had my Shaklee protein shake and sports drink, ironed my clothes, packed my bags and headed to Morton. the gym is MUCH emptier at 6:45 (yes it takes that long to get ready).

i felt great all morning and haven't crashed yet (1:56pm), so i think i could get used to this!


thank you Chris for telling me i looked "small" today at lunch. i'm going to punch you when i regain my strength!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

This is Summer's and my plan. Working out is so much better in the morning because by the time you get home from work you don't want to go. :) Way to go buddy!

Anonymous said...

Justin-

Please don't punch me. Though you did look smaller, you can still lift 8x as much as me in any lift...Except for the mega-super-squat-pulldown-seated-pulljerk. I own you in that lift.

Regards,

Chris

*Jillian* said...

i think you're crazy! :P