Friday, April 21, 2006

Life in the Office

Last night's episode of "The Office" inspired me to post some of my favorite quotes from the greatest TV series ever created. If you haven't seen the show, obviously this won't make any sense-so I suggest you see it...IMMEDIATELY.

Dwight Schrute: I have been Michael's number two guy for about five years, and we make a great team. We're like one of those classic famous teams. He's like Mozart and I'm like Mozart's friend. No, I'm like Butch Cassidy and Michael is like Mozart. You try and hurt Mozart, you're gonna get a bullet in your head, courtesy of Butch Cassidy.

Pam Beesley: [about the office awards the Dundees] You know what they say about a car wreck, where it's so awful you can't look away? The Dundees are like a car wreck that you want to look away from but you have to stare at it because your boss is making you.

Dwight Schrute: Question, is there fire wood on the island? Jim Halpert: I guess. Dwight Schrute: Then I would bring an ax, no books. Jim Halpert: It has to be a book Dwight. Dwight Schrute: Fine, Physician's Desk Reference... Jim Halpert: Nine, smart. Dwight Schrute: ...hollowed out, inside-waterproof matches, iodine tablets, beet seeds, protein bars, NASA blanket and, in case I get bored, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. No, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Question, did my shoes come off in the plane crash?

Michael Scott: Abraham Lincoln once said that "If you're a racist, I will attack you with the North" and these are the principles I carry with me in the workplace.

Dwight Schrute: Someone forged medical information, and that's a felony. Jim Halpert: OK, Whoa, alright 'cause that's a pretty intense accusation. How do you know that they're fake? Dwight Schrute: [reading from a sheet] Uh, Leprosy, Flesh Eating Bacteria, Hot Dog Fingers, Government Created Killer Nano Robot Infection.

Mr. Brown: Now this is a simple acronym: H.E.R.O. At Diversity, we believe it's very easy to be a hero. All you need are: Honesty, Empathy, Respect, and Open-mindedness. Dwight Schrute: Excuse me, I'm sorry, but that's not all it takes to be a hero. Mr. Brown: Okay well, what is a hero to you? Dwight Schrute: A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged. Mr. Brown: Uh, okay, you're thinking of a superhero.

Dwight Schrute: In the wild, there is no health care. In the wild, health care is, "Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me and I'm dead." Well, I'm not dead. I'm the lion, you're dead.

It brightens my day just thinking about it!

No comments: