Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Shananigans

Yesterday, the health department threw a potluck for me and two other employees who are also finishing their last week of employment here. It has become a tradition in the Environmental Health division to create a crazy video for the departing coworker to have as a keepsake. I'd hate to think about how many taxpayer hours were spent on mine! It was genius. They filmed it as an episode of the "Twilight Zone," with the cameraman playing me, so it was a first-person view. It began by each employee was trying to convince me to stay here, but when I refused all of their offers, they devised a plot to "off" me. The climax was "me" walking into an office where several of them had gathered at which time they captured me with a garbage bag and wrapped me in duct tape. Then several of them carried the "body" out of the office and put it in my boss's trunk. When they were spotted by the director of the health department and questioned as to what they were doing, the narrator stated my boss was going to have to "dig another hole." It was hilarious. I'll post it on youtube when I get the dvd tomorrow.

Anyway, the "body" they used was one of our yellow plastic biohazard suits, which they put inside the garbage bags. It really did look authentic. And creepy.
So today I devised a plan to get my boss back.
I had one of the secretaries call the front office so he'd have to go to the other building for a few minutes. Then I got into the biohazard suit (which was still inside the garbage bags in our break room) and had the secretary slip the bags, secured with duct tape, over my head. I DID leave a hole to breath through. I laid on the floor behind my boss's desk and waited for him to return, while several coworkers lurked in the room outside the door. When Ray came in, he walked over to a file cabinet for a few seconds, then turned to come over to his desk. When he was a few steps away, I jumped up and came at him. He leapt back with his arms up like a little girl! The look on his face was absolutely priceless. I keep bursting out laughing just thinking about it.

I'm going to miss things like this.
But that's about it.

No comments: