Friday, March 28, 2008

well...


this has been an intense week. work has been chaotic.
i haven't been home before 8pm since Sunday.
And to top it all off, i was awoken this morning to the sound of Cougar vomiting. This isn't totally out of the ordinary, but he hadn't done it in the last 3 months or so. But it didn't stop. First in my room, then the hall, then on the stairs, in the dining room, living room, kitchen, basement stairway, and in the basement. The poor little guy hurled at least 10 times between 4am and 5:30am (that I've discovered thus far). I thought maybe he had just eaten something that didn't agree with him and went back to bed at 4:15. When I got up to go to the gym at 5:30 I looked all over the house and couldn't find him. Normally, he's pawing my face at 5:00 because he's "starving." I finally found him, curled up on my chair in the living room. He would barely lift his head and couldn't stand up. In a panic, I called Gina (who else do you call for a 5:30am cat emergency?). She raced over (because she's an angel and I needed her). After a call to the emergency hospital, we decided to wait until 7:30 to take him to the regular animal hospital, two blocks away. The doc said he had a fever of 104 and was dehydrated (obviously from all that covered my floor). They were giving him an IV, antibiotics, doing blood work and possibly x-rays, all to the tune of $434-475. ouch.
I don't think he's covered by my insurance, even though he is treated as a child. He was crying in the back room as we left the office. very sad. Hopefully he'll bounce right back after his stay and be up to his old shenanigans by tomorrow night.
I miss my Cougar already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is he ok?

*Jillian* said...

poor kitty...