Tuesday, April 14, 2009

the j-o-b. and other stuff.

I've been extremely blessed to have thus far weathered the economic storm untouched. The week before our group had a one-week layoff downtown, I was transferred to my "facility rotation" at the Tech Center in Mossville. In the meantime, 5 of my coworkers (including my supervisor), were laid off indefinitely. Myself and the other two rotation participants were told that since we are "the future of the company", they decided to keep us for the time being.
Last week it was announced that our facility would join another in creating the first "regional campus" and that I would become a permanent Tech Center employee as the Hazardous Materials Coordinator on May 1. It couldn't have come at a better time!

Easter this year has been a wonderful time of reflection. What a difference a year makes. One short year ago, I was working frantically to finish my Master's degree thesis-five years in the making. I was in a job that was barely covering the bills-and often came up short. I was trying to figure out how to save enough money to get married. Life was good, but it was hard.
Things have changed. I have a beautiful, wonderful wife. I've traded two jobs for one that pays more than double. And just received a promotion nine months in. I'm blessed to be part of a growing community called Imago Dei and it is exciting! Life is good. And it's easier.

I hope to blog more often. We'll see.

No comments: