Saturday, December 08, 2007

so ashamed


Last night, an old friend from the insurance company came over to work on a video project. We wanted some old home movies converted to DVD for a Christmas present to give his parents. While I had never done a VHS to DVD conversion, I figured I could run the VCR to my video camera (which has an analog input and firewire output) and then digitize it for editing.
However, my editing program didn't like what it was being fed and would choke on it every 10 seconds. At that moment, Mr. Eric Potter walked in to my house randomly and assessed the situation. He said he may have something at home to fix the problem. He promptly returned with the bane of my existence. a Mac.
I mostly hate Macs because of their flagrant air of superiority and so-called intuitive operation. Last time I attempted to use on, I couldn't even find the "power" button.
But I didn't have much choice. Eric got everything wired after struggling a few minutes to get his Mac power supply to work, which helped my PC ego. When he fired up the camera and "iMovie," it began importing video flawlessly. bittersweet victory.

So, i'm still importing video, some 7 hours later. and have fallen to the Mac. so soo ashamed.

4 comments:

*Jillian* said...

haha we had to watch all of these commercials in management last semester. i hate macs too....but sometimes they do good things. its ok to be ashamed, lol! :)

Anonymous said...

yeah, most people that aren't smart enough to use a mac hate them.

the power button is probably a giant mystery since it's the only button on most apple machines.

it's usually just confusing when things are too simple. i think everyone's used to over complicated microsuck machines and programs.

at least on macs you don't have to go to "start" to click on "shut down."

how much experience have you had with a mac?

JGanschow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JGanschow said...

anon, thank you for again supporting the stereotype that mac users are highly superior beings than the rest of the world.