Thursday, March 13, 2008

Here Goes!

Well, it official. It has been announced.
I have joined the high school ministry staff at Nwoods, part-time.
Saturday will be my first day as the "high school associate."
I am eager to dive in! My duties will include managing the band's schedule, rehearsals, etc., creating stuff (graphics, video), room and stage design, heading up a ministry team (probably Worship), and leading a lifegroup. Some of the stuff I've already been doing and the others I greatly look forward to.

This job is an answer to much prayer, searching, and pleading.
For the past year (or several), I have been stretched to the financial limit. On one hand this has been a good thing. I've become much more responsible with the pesos I'm dealt and have taken ahold of my debt. If it can't be paid for in cash, it is not necessary. All that being said, I've still been left with empty pockets, piggy banks, and savings accounts at the end of the pay period. And "the man" still requires more. It had come to the point where another job was necessary. I'd have to quit serving at Northwoods to work elsewhere. This is the current view of my dashboard. It would be nice to be able to afford to fix things (and fill the gas tank = $456,000/week).


And then a position was posted. And here we are.
So thank you for all who were praying for my financial situation! Who knows where this road might lead. Maybe to a career that is actually fulfilling, not draining. Exciting, not mundain. Uplifting, not degrading...

2 comments:

Rick said...

That is great news. Glad to hear you got the call. Those lights on the dash sometimes just turn off if you ignore them.

JGanschow said...

Thank you very much! And I fixed the dash lights. All it took was a hammer and a punch.